About the Center for Regional Studies
- To discover, create, preserve, disseminate and promote a culture of broad inquiry throughout and beyond the UNM community. CRS advances UNM's mission of developing the global perspective of its students through a variety of academic and research opportunities led by expert faculty as they work to generate and create new and valuable sources of knowledge.
- To contribute to the comprehensive opportunities offered at UNM with a focus on New Mexico and Southwest studies.
- To foster the teaching, learning, research, and public service goals of UNM through linking resources to people and communities throughout New Mexico.
- Graduate Students CRS awards graduate, thesis, and dissertation fellowships/scholarships.
- Faculty - Funding is provided for projects by UNM faculty, postdoctoral, and visiting scholars.
- Archival - CRS supports the acquisition, preservation, and accessibility of archival materials.
- Dissemination - CRS promotes the distribution of books, journal articles, exhibitions, public presentations, films, and lectures produced under its auspices.
- Multi-Media Projects - CRS facilitates the production, presentation, and distribution of documentary films and oral histories. CRS encourages and stimulates projects grounded in collaborative partnerships and on extended fieldwork that utilize photography, film/video, audio, narrative writing and other creative media to capture and convey contemporary memory, life, and culture.
Some Comments from our Campus Partners
We work with colleges, schools, institutions and organizations statewide. Many people have showed us their appreciation and support for our mission and strategies.